Extensive Threat Protection with Next-Generation Firewall Solution
Next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) have developed out of necessity in today’s computing environments, where malware attacks have grown in sophistication and intensity and have found ways of exploiting weaknesses in traditional firewalls.
Because the firewall is the first line of defence against such attacks, and protection of the corporate network is of the utmost importance, it stands to reason that firewalls have evolved as well to meet the threat.
Next-Generation Firewalls provide multiple network security technologies in one package.
They combine the features of traditional firewalls, gateway anti-malware products, intrusion prevention systems and content filtering packages.
All of these security technologies can be installed, configured, deployed and managed as a unit, which greatly reduces administrative costs. And because all event data is available through one reporting system, it is much easier to identify threats early and take appropriate measures, before security has been compromised
Next Generation Firewall Can:
- Protect against application-borne threats and manage bandwidth usage with application-based controls
- Save time and minimize policy-management complexity with user-based firewall controls
- Protect against network-based exploits, malware, and other content threats with intrusion prevention (IPS) and unified threat management (UTM)
- Provide Streamline operations with a single, central management platform
- Stop network traffic from geographical regions and IP addresses associated with cybercriminals
Firewalls are best at controlling access to the network from outside. They are the security
guard at the gate who controls who can enter, whom you can talk to, and about what.
Modern generation firewalls are identify and keep track of network connections.
Next-Generation Firewalls have far higher throughput, so administrators don’t have to trade
off security for performance. You should never have to compromise security to maintain acceptable performance.
Factors that enhance performance include:
- Processors with faster clock speeds.
- CPUs designed to understand network communications and perform security scanning.
- Parallel processing architectures.
- More efficient approaches to deep packet inspection.
Finally, because they are positioned at the edge, NGFWs can detect advanced persistent threats.
The rise of Next Generation Firewall technology is quickly giving enterprises the ability
to more effectively secure their networks at the perimeter level.
We bring deep experience in the delivery of advanced firewall solutions – from security
assessments, to complete design and build solution implementations, to ongoing monitoring and management support.
Nebero delivering next-generation firewall protection with integrated application awareness, intrusion prevention, and role-based user controls, plus best-in-class UTM to protect and control your business assets.